To be held Sept. 27-29, 2022, Defense TechConnect’s keynote addresses and panel discussions will address the state of innovation collaboration within the Defense Department and its new model for federal partnerships with the private sector.
WASHINGTON, Sept. 22, 2022 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ — The Defense TechConnect (DTC) 2022 Innovation Summit & Expo, the nation’s largest annual gathering of non-traditional, dual-use emerging technologies aligned with government priority requirements, today announced its final lineup of keynote addresses and panel discussions. One of the most well-attended defense innovation conferences of the year, DTC will be held on Sept. 27-29, 2022, at Gaylord National Hotel & Convention Center, 201 Waterfront St., National Harbor, Md.
Tues., Sept. 27, 2022
Defense TechConnect DoD and Federal Agency Keynotes
- Joe Bryan, Chief Sustainability Officer and Senior Advisor for Climate, U.S. Department of Defense
- John Williams, Director of Innovation & Technology, Office of Investment & Innovation, U.S. Small Business Administration
- Genevieve Lind, SBIR Program Manager, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- Ben Schrag, NSF SBIR Program Manager, National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Robert Smith, Navy SBIR PM, U.S. Navy
- Caitlin Durkovich, Senior Director for Resilience and Response, National Security Council
ATI Consortia Spotlight Keynote Panel
- Vipin Arora, America’s DataHub Consortium (ADC), Deputy Division Director, NCSES, NSF
- Joe Kochan, Executive Director, National Spectrum Consortium (NSC)
- Marty Ryan, Consortium for Rare Earth Technologies (CREaTe), Vice President for Naval Technologies, ATI
- Michael Wu, Executive Director, Resilient Infrastructure and Secure Energy Consortium (RISE)
Wed., Sept. 28, 2022
Department of Defense and TechConnect Keynotes
- Jennifer Rocha, Vice President, Strategic Partnerships, TechConnect Division, ATI
- Shahir Gerges, Director of Business Strategy, Orbital Reef
- Roberto Guerrero, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Operational Energy, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force-IE&E, U.S. Air Force
- Brigadier General Mark Clingan, Assistant Deputy Commandant to Combat Development and Integration and Deputy Commanding General, U.S. Marine Corps Combat Development Command
ATI Consortia Spotlight Keynote Panel
- Lauren Palestrini, Director of Research, Medical Technology Enterprise Consortium (MTEC)
- Mike Stebbins, Medical CBRN Defense Consortium (MCDC) and Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD), Vice President, Manufacturing & Threat Countermeasures, ATI
- Zachary Downs, Executive Director, Senior Healthcare Innovation Consortium (SHIC)
- Paul Dudley, Vertical Lift Consortium (VLC), Vice President, Armament Technologies Division, ATI
Keynote Panel: A New Model for Federal Partnerships: Scaling Up Collaborative, Competitive Ecosystems
- Brittany Sickler, Program Manager, EDA Communities, U.S. EDA
- Eric Smith, Director, Office of Innovation and Entrepreneurship, U.S. EDA
- Jennifer Garson, Director of the Water Power Technologies Office, U.S. DOE
- Thyaga Nandagopol, Directorate of Technology, Innovation and Partnerships (TIP), NSF
DTC also will showcase six Innovation Challenges with “Shark Tank”-style sessions of innovation pitches by startups, universities and national labs to industry and government leadership aligned with participating contracting vehicles. In addition to a cash prize, each winner is invited to join a consortium led by DTC’s parent company, Advanced Technology International (ATI), the country’s leading technology consortium management firm and one of the single largest funders of prototype-level innovations for its government customers and the nation.
The six DTC Innovation Challenges and their dates are:
Tues., Sept. 27, 2022: National Infrastructure Innovation Challenge; America’s DataHub Innovation Challenge
Wed., Sept. 28, 2022: Medical Innovation Challenge; Urban Air Mobility Challenge
Thurs., Sept. 29, 2022: Readiness Innovation Challenge; Security Innovation Challenge
DTC attendees each year include hundreds of key science and technology military leaders, more than 250 DoD/SES/PEO scouts, representatives from over 50 contracting offices and hundreds of active-duty service members. DTC is one of the original innovation hubs to support the Department of Defense and its missions.
To register to attend, please visit the DTC attendee registration page.
To attend as a member of the news media, please apply for a press pass by submitting credentials to [email protected].
About Defense TechConnect
The Defense TechConnect (DTC) Innovation Summit & Expo is the nation’s largest annual gathering of non-traditional, dual-use emerging technologies aligned with government priority requirements. A unique bridge between private sector innovation, commercialization and government acquisition, DTC accelerates the identification and deployment of novel technologies through rapid access of vetted startups and emerging academic and federal lab innovations. To be held Sept. 27-29, 2022, DTC’s centerpiece is six Innovation Challenges in digital and AI transformation, energy and infrastructure, autonomous systems, smart operations, and healthcare and medical devices that offer $500,000 total in cash prizes. Each challenge features 20-25 innovations that are pitched to industry and government leadership aligned with participating contracting vehicles. Each winner is also invited to join a consortium led by DTC’s parent company, Advanced Technology International (ATI), the nation’s leading technology consortium management firm supporting over $50 billion in prototype level contracting authority for government customers. In its 10th year accelerating innovation for the nation and America’s Warfighter, DTC features 500 innovations and exhibitors. One of the most well-attended defense innovation conferences of the year, DTC’s attendees include military leadership, more than 250 DoD/SES/PEO scouts, representatives from over 50 contracting offices and hundreds of active duty service members. DTC is proud to be one of the original innovation hubs to support the Department of Defense and its missions. For more information, visit https://events.techconnect.org/DTCFall.
With 25+ years of experience connecting emerging technologies with unique funding and partnership opportunities, TechConnect boasts the most robust research and innovation network in the world. It employs a broad scope of tools to deliver top technologies, including open innovation programs, conferences, and open-access publications. Each year, TechConnect prospects, vets, and connects thousands of emerging technologies with corporate, investment, municipal, and national defense clients. TechConnect is a division of Advanced Technology International. techconnect.org
About Advanced Technology International
ATI, a public-service nonprofit based in Summerville, S.C., builds and manages collaborations that conduct research and development of new technologies to solve our nation’s most pressing challenges. Fueled by a community of experts from industry, academia, and government, ATI accelerates impact by using the power of collaboration to help the federal government quickly acquire novel technologies. ATI is a subsidiary of Analytic Services, Inc. (ANSER), a public-service research institute organized as a nonprofit corporation, which is dedicated to informing decisions that shape the nation’s future. ATI.org
Michael Tebo, Gabriel Marketing Group (for TechConnect), 571-835-8775, [email protected]